Welcome to ICT Skills Development Society
Welcome to Department of IT Skills
The objective of Skills Development is to create a workforce empowered with the necessary and continuously upgraded skills, knowledge and internationally recognised qualifications to gain access to decent employment and ensure national competitiveness in the dynamic global market. The main aim is to increase the productivity and employability of employees both in the organised and unorganised sectors.
According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO) "Skills development is of key importance in stimulating a sustainable development process and can make a contribution in facilitating the transition from an informal to formal economy. It is also essential to address the opportunities and challenges to meet new demands of changing economics and new technologies in the context of globalisation."
To increase the significance with future employment market including promotion of self employment, Soft skills and entrepreneurship skills will be made integral part of skill development.
- Improving efficiency and living standards of the individuals.
- Strengthening competitiveness of the country
- Increased investment in skills development.
- To afford institution based skills development including ITIs / ITCs / Vocational schools / technical schools / polytechnics / professional colleges
- Learning initiatives of sectoral skill development organised by different ministries/department.
- Formal and informal apprenticeships and other types of training by enterprises training for self-employment /entrepreneurial development
No front page content has been created yet.